How to Identify Common Garden Weeds
Spring has sprung, and with it comes weeds. You hate them, and we hate them too!
Sometimes it feels like you do everything to keep them away, but nothing works. We know how frustrating it can be when dandelions and crabgrass come back time and time again.
Weeds are a big challenge when you’re trying to grow a healthy, lush, green lawn. They compete with your grass for water, light, soil nutrients, and take up space.
The first thing that needs to be done to take care of the most common weeds in your yard is to make sure you can identify them properly:
- Clover: Clover is easily spotted by tiny white flowers all over your yard. This is by far the most common weed in all parts of the country.
- Crabgrass: This type of grass is fast-moving and able to take over your entire yard in the blink of an eye. Deep, less-frequent watering can help slow its growth.
- Creeping Charlies: Weeds can be deceptive, and this one definitely is. Creeping Charlies can be pretty, but they can take over your lawn and deprive it of nutrients.
- Dandelion: Dandelions are one of the most persistent weeds. They also steal vital nutrients and space from your lawn, and can be difficult to control because of their floating seeds. They also have long roots that are difficult to pull.
Top Weed Control Tips
Our biggest tip is simple…
Hire the professionals! When the weeds get out of control or you have a large yard you need to keep weed-free, it’s time to hire the pros! Crabgrass control and broadleaf weed control can be done once or twice per year to keep stubborn weeds at bay. The best way to keep your yard looking its best is to trust the professionals to help.
Trying to Decide Between Lawn Fertilization Companies in Howell? Experience the Ever So Green Difference Today
We specialize in lawn care services that will provide you with a beautiful, green and healthy lawn. Relax and enjoy a beautiful lawn this season while we do the work! We take great pride in delivering expert and professional service to all our customers with:
- Full Fertilization Program
- Fertilization with Crabgrass Control Application
- Fertilization with Broadleaf Control
- Summer Fertilization with Spot Weed Control
- Mid-Summer Fertilization
- Full Fertilization with Broadleaf Control
- Turf Winterization
Noticeable results guaranteed! If you are not satisfied with the results of any treatment, simply call us; we’ll make it right. We are committed to quality service and customer satisfaction.