Keep Your Lawn Healthy Through Summer Drought Season
We’ve had a hot start to summer in Michigan, with temps reaching near 90 degrees as early as mid-May! When the dog days of summer arrive, it’s important to recognize the signs of heat stress on your lawn.
Proper watering is critical to maintaining the health of your lawn throughout the summer!
Signs of drought include:
- After walking across your lawn, the grass loses its springiness and you can see your footprints in the grass.
- Your grass turns from vibrant green to a duller, blue-ish/gray color.
- Most grass goes dormant approximately 3 days after drought, causing grass wilting to begin.
Here’s what we recommend to our customers:
- Cut your lawn at a height of 3.5-4 inches recommended
- If drought signs are visible, you should water regularly. Lawns generally require 0.50-1.5 inches of water per week, applied in small amounts.
- Light, frequent watering supports healthy grass and resists disease.
- Ideal watering time are between 5am-9am.
- On especially hot days (or consecutive hot days with little rain) lawns may benefit from double watering
Make sure to pair your watering schedule with a proper fertilization plan! Over time, lawns tend to leech nutrients, leaving them deficient. For thicker, greener grass, your lawn needs the right nutrition, and that can be hard to manage on your own. Hiring a lawn care company in
Livingston County to fertilize is the best option because not only do they know the right type of fertilizer to best feed your lawn, but they’ll manage the proper timing and application that can be hard for the average homeowner to achieve.
Ever So Green Can Help You Achieve Thicker, Greener Grass
Other lawn care companies in Howell may just recommend a product and leave you to do the application on your own, or do a “one and done” job that doesn’t give you lasting results. We’re different! We create a lawn care program customized especially for your lawn that will give you a green lawn that lasts.
Noticeable results guaranteed! If you are not satisfied with the results of any treatment, simply call us; we’ll make it right. We are committed to quality service and customer satisfaction. Contact us today to get a quote and get started!