Do you have a year-round lawn care plan?
With how cold and dreary Michigan winters can be, it’s not surprising if it’s the last thing on your mind as fall winds to an end and winter begins.
There are some merits to having a full 12-month lawn care schedule, though, especially if you hire a professional or commercial lawn care company to work with you on fertilization and weed control.
Maintaining your lawn during the winter can help you maintain its beauty and health for all twelve months of the year, even the months when the cold and snow have taken over.
Lawn winterization is a really important part of lawn care, especially for cool season grasses. A traditional lawn winterization fertilizer applied in late fall helps your lawn take on large amounts of nutrients that it needs to overcome summer stress and get through the winter.
Other winterization tips include:
- Aerate: Usually by late fall, the soil of your lawn is pretty compacted. If you aerate your lawn, it’ll loosen up your soil to better allow water and nutrients to get to the roots.
- Rake your leaves! We know raking is everyone’s least favorite chore, but eliminating leaf debris is a must if you want a healthy lawn in the spring. Get the kids involved to make this chore more fun!
- End of the year mowing: This is a great way to get your lawn ready for the dormant winter months. As temperatures drop, insects and mice look for tall grass to nest in. Mow your lawn to keep your lawn pest-free.
The last tip is to call the professionals for fertilization! At Ever So Green, we have years of experience getting our customer’s lawns ready for winter so they look their best in the spring. If you want a professional looking lawn, we can help.
We specialize in lawn care services that will provide you with a beautiful, green and healthy lawn. Relax and enjoy a beautiful lawn this season while we do the work! We take great pride in delivering expert and professional service to all our customers with:
• Full Fertilization Program
• Fertilization with Crabgrass Control Application
• Fertilization with Broadleaf Control
• Summer Fertilization with Spot Weed Control
• Mid-Summer Fertilization
• Full Fertilization with Broadleaf Control
• Turf Winterization
Noticeable results guaranteed! If you are not satisfied with the results of any treatment, simply call us; we’ll make it right. We are committed to quality service and customer satisfaction. Give us a call today at 517-518-8523 to get started.