How to Prepare Your Lawn for the Off Season
Do you know how to maintain your lawn during the winter?
Have you prepared your mower for the off-season?
With another winter knocking on the door, now is the time to get your lawn ready for the cold and snow.
Winter lawn care is unlike lawn care during the rest of the year, but it is still very important to the health of your lawn. Following these helpful tips will have your yard ready to re-emerge in the spring:
- For your final mowing, mow your grass a little bit shorter for the final mow of the season. Mulching your leaves provides additional compost and organic matter. As well as helps leaves blow off naturally.
- Keep the lawn clean – Make sure you’ve raked the last bit of leaves that have fallen from your trees. Your lawn needs to breathe and leaving piled up leaves can damage your yard. Try to avoid leaving any other objects on your lawn during the winter - things like furniture or toys. This will ensure your grass gets enough sunlight.
- Maintain your lawn mower – After the final mow of the season, you SHOULD perform a check up on your mower before properly storing it for the season.
Some things you can do include:
- Replacing old mower blades
- Conducting an oil change
- Checking for leaks
- Addressing any internal or external issues
- Draining any remaining fuel
What Makes Ever So Green the Go-To Lawn Care Company in Livingston County?
We specialize in lawn care services in Livingston County that will provide you with a beautiful, green and healthy lawn. Relax and enjoy a beautiful lawn this season while we do the work! We take great pride in delivering expert and professional service to all our customers with:
- Full Fertilization Program
- Fertilization with Crabgrass Control Application
- Fertilization with Broadleaf Control
- Summer Fertilization with Spot Weed Control
- Mid-Summer Fertilization
- Full Fertilization with Broadleaf Control
- Turf Winterization
Noticeable results guaranteed! If you are not satisfied with the results of any treatment, simply call us; we’ll make it right. We are committed to quality service and customer satisfaction. Contact us today or call us at 517-540-1100 to get started.