Caring for Your Lawn in the Winter
Like many of us in the Midwest, you’ve probably already put away the lawn mower and gotten out the snow shovel for the winter.
Do you really know the right way to take care of your lawn during the winter?
With no more mowing or weeding, winter is a period of rest from traditional lawn maintenance, but there are a few things you can do to make sure your lawn comes back green and lush in the spring.
- Next year, in prep for the first frost, gradually lower the blade of your lawnmower with each mowing.
- Fertilize your lawn right before the first frost to relieve compaction.
- Avoid walking on your lawn in the winter. Also remove anything sitting on the lawn, like furniture, toys or fallen branches. The weight of these items can stunt your grass or even kill it.
- Be careful when treating ice! Avoid damaging your lawn and landscaping during the winter by using Ice Melt instead of rock salt. Ice Melt covers 2 times more area than rock salt.
While your lawn may not require as much care in the winter as it does during the other seasons, these simple lawn care tasks can set your lawn on the right track for spring.
To ensure your lawn will be very well taken care of, consider hiring one of the premier professional lawn care companies in Livingston County, Ever So Green!
What Sets Ever So Green Apart from Other Lawn Care Companies in Livingston County?
We specialize in lawn care services that will provide you with a beautiful, green and healthy lawn. Relax and enjoy a beautiful lawn this season while we do the work! We take great pride in delivering expert and professional service to all our customers with:
- Full Fertilization Program
- Fertilization with Crabgrass Control Application
- Fertilization with Broadleaf Control
- Summer Fertilization with Spot Weed Control
- Mid-Summer Fertilization
- Full Fertilization with Broadleaf Control
- Turf Winterization
Noticeable results guaranteed! If you are not satisfied with the results of any treatment, simply call us; we’ll make it right. We are committed to quality service and customer satisfaction. Give us a call today at 517-540-1100 to get started.