Are you tired of spending countless days pulling weeds in spring and summer?
Is there a particular weed that wreaks havoc on your lawn no matter what you do to get rid of it?
Even the most well-tended lawns can come under attack from common weeds, especially those whose seeds float on the wind. Creeping weeds can also be a problem if you don’t pull them out all the way down to the root.
These common weeds are the most notorious for sticking around in your lawn:
- Dandelions – Yellow, petal-like flowers, serrated leaves, and a hollow stalk. Dandelions spread by seeds that germinate year-round and this plant can have a long, deep root.
- Crabgrass – Flat, pointed, narrow leaves. The flower heads appear spiky. This spreads by seeds and lower stem pieces that take root deep in your lawn.
- Thistle – Prickly, deeply-lobed leaves. White, purple, or pink flowers top this weed. It spreads by seeds and root fragment and can grow a couple of feet tall if left unattended!
- Ground ivy – Rounded, scalloped leaves that look like mint topped with a purple flower. Spreads by seed and above-ground runners that root deep.
Weed Control Options
There are so many weed-management options on the market. It can be easy to get overwhelmed. You’ve probably spent a lot of money on weed controlling products that didn’t work! How do you know you’re buying the right product?
Take into consideration the weeds you’re targeting and if they’re still seeds or emerged plants. Different types of weeds call for different controls. Additionally, always check the label on your weed controller to make sure it’s suitable for your grass!
Crabgrass preventers inhibits germination and root development of crabgrass and stops many weed grasses when applied in early spring. Crabgrass plants die after they set their seeds, but the seeds still live on!
Weed and feed fertilizers tackle common lawn weeds while feeding your grass to help it better act against weed invasion. Applied when weeds are actively growing in the late spring and early summer, and again in the fall, weed and feed products help keep your grass beautiful and green.
Targeted weed control by a professional lawn care company is the best way to ensure you’re doing everything you can to keep your lawn weed-free! Let’s face it: sometimes the experts just know best! If you’re tired of trying to tackle lawn weeds with no success, Ever So Green can help.
Trust the Lawn Care Professionals in Howell, Michigan to Take Care of Your Lawn!
We specialize in lawn care services that will provide you with a beautiful, green and healthy lawn.
- Full Fertilization Program
- Fertilization with Crabgrass Control Application
- Fertilization with Broadleaf Control
- Summer Fertilization with Spot Weed Control
- Mid-Summer Fertilization
- Full Fertilization with Broadleaf Control
- Turf Winterization
Partial programs and individual applications are available. Service months may vary with weather conditions. New customers receive a 5 percent discount for full program prepayment.
Noticeable results guaranteed! If you are not satisfied with the results of any treatment, simply call us; we’ll make it right. We are committed to quality service and customer satisfaction.
Relax and enjoy a beautiful lawn this season while we do the work! We take great pride in delivering expert and professional service to all our customers. Request a quote today to get started!